Monday, July 6, 2009

Breakfast Biscuits

Adapted from: Rachel Ray
(click the link above to watch a video of how easy these are to make)

5 eggs, divided (or egg substitute)
Salt and ground black pepper
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk for mix
1 cups shredded yellow cheddar cheese

Yields: 4 servings

Preheat oven to 425ºF.

Beat 4 eggs in a small mixing bowl. Add the eggs to a greased frying pan, season with salt and pepper, and scramble them lightly. Transfer the eggs to a plate and reserve.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and remaining egg to make the batter. Gently stir in the reserved scrambled eggs and shredded cheese.

Deposit dollops of the batter onto a greased baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.

This is a great base recipe. Made as is, they are a little bland, but they work well for kids. You can add cooked bacon, ham, broccoli, green chilis...really anything to create a filling, easily portable, and delicious breakfast.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Made these for b-fast this morning. Tried plain (just egg and cheese), plain with bacon and plain with ham, and some with everything. The ham ones take a little longer to cook since the ham has water in it.

My very picky big kids wouldn't go near them. My babies, ate them, but weren't asking for more. (I put biscuits and bananas on their tray, they went for the bananas every time.) I liked them, but not enough to make again since it is a little bit of work. (The way I see it, if I'm going to be making scrambled eggs and bacon, why make biscuits on top of that? Why not just eat the eggs and bacon? Sure you can TAKE the biscuits with you, but by the time everything is ready for you to take and go, you could have already eaten your eggs and bacon with toast.)

Thanks Vanessa, I was really hoping this was going to be a kid pleaser, but with my kids, I'm starting to loose hope.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for your input. Since my boys won't touch eggs, but love bread these work well to sneak in some protein. They are not one of our weekly staples, so I don't make them often, but they work for every now and then.

I know your kids liked the pumpkin cake...maybe try the pumpkin bread. It is really filling and yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails