Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Delish Spinach Dip

8 oz Sour cream
1 block cream cheese
1 packet ranch dressing mix (powder)
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 small can water chestnuts diced

Defrost spinach and remove moisture with cheese cloth or paper towels. Mix sour cream, cream cheese until completely smooth. And ranch dressing until well blended. Add spinach and mix. By Stir in bell pepper and water chestnuts by hand. Place in an air tight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hr (best if over night). Serve with crackers or whatever your heart desires (We love it with the wheat thins - the big ones if you can find them).

Yummy and a total party hit! You can even make it light or fat free by using fat free or light sour cream and cream cheese. I have actually never made it with the full fat stuff and I always get rave reviews!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

I just made this and it is SO good. I actually like this dip better than the store bought stuff. I know what's in this one. I like the twist that the Ranch dip gives. Thanks Mama Monkey for another favorite.

I'm going to try giving it to the kids tonight for dinner, we'll see if they like it as much as I do.

Cristy said...

So good on Day 2 after it sits in the fridge overnight. And hubby and I enjoy it with Club crackers.

Gen-Y-Mama said...

I am eating this right now. MMMMM!!! I think next time I will have to leave out the bell pepper so JuJu will eat it.

Cristy said...

I converted this recipe into WW points and this is not bad at all. Using Light Sour Cream and Neufchatel cheese (1/3 lighter than cream cheese). If I assume one serving is only 2 Tablespoons, then it's only 1 point per serving. Not bad. But the trick is only eating 1 serving. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails