Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

From: Sierra Schmidt

3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cloves, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp ginger)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups canned pumpkin (16 oz)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix last 4 ingredients in a separate (large) bowl. Gradually stir pumpkin mixture into dry mixture. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake time: 1 hour 20 minutes

Recipe yields one large loaf

My boys love this bread. I make it for them with whole-wheat flour, 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sugar (instead of 3) and unsweetened applesauce instead of oil and it is super tasty. The recipe says 1 large loaf, but I have a mess when I try to just make one. I split it and have 2 descent size loafs. It also freezes really well.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thank you for this! I'm going to make some more pumpkin bread and give this recipe a try! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails