Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Our meal for 4 was greatly lacking presentation, but was highly effective in quick clean/pack up which was needed to get 2 little guys in the bath on schedule :)

I would have loved to have made everything from scratch, but the 4 little feet and hands that are oh so curious and must accompany me in the kitchen, caused me to make the decision to go for convenience in many ways.

Turkey
I cooked a 21 pound turkey!! I stuffed the cavity of the bird with sliced oranges, lemons & onion. I did a butter wash on the bird then added salt & ground pepper. I massaged the big guy and cooked him in a turkey bag. It took about 3 1/2 hours and the result was not necessarily pretty, but so very yummy!!

Sides
Frozen Cranberries
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Mashed Potatoes (instant & never again :)
Stuffing (Stove Top with diced celery, onions & water chestnuts)
Biscuits (Pillsbury Grands, Flaky Layers)
Cranberry Sauce (canned)

Dessert
Pumpkin Roll

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails